ACS’s Commitment to Service
A fundamental principle for ACS is providing service to the measurement community. Through this service, ACS helps to build an active, thoughtful, and dynamic community that supports practitioners in building effective assessment programs for their constituencies. Over the years, ACS team members have supported multiple organizations, including:
· Drew has served on multiple committees for the Association of Test Publishers (ATP). His work includes time with the Program Committee and Conference Committee. He also served on the ATP Board of Trustees, including 1 year as Chair.
· Chad has served as a member and chair of the Accreditation Services Council and the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) for the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE).
· Susan is currently serving as a committee member for the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE) Research & Development Committee.
· Susan has served on multiple committees and roles for the National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME), including serving as the current chair of the NCME Publications committee, member of the website redevelopment task force, and serving as the editor for the NCME newsletter.
· Chad is serving as the program committee chair for ATP’s 2020 Innovations in Testing conference. Chad will work with a team of ATP members to organize the overall structure of the conference, identify sessions for the conference, and manage communication with conference participants.
· For the NCME 2020 conference, Drew is serving as one of the Program Committee’s co-chairs. NOTE: only one week left to submit your proposals; do so here! Susan will be following up and continue the ACS service by acting as one of the 2021 NCME Conference co-chairs.
· Russ served on the Technical Advisory Group for the Measuring State Education Data, Outcomes, and Solutions project convened by the Center for Public Research and Leadership (CPRL) at Columbia University. The goal of this project is the development of a State education data dashboard used for comparing key education data metrics across the United States.